As part of the Architecture, Quality & Governance (AQG) division, Infrastructure And Services (IAS) department provides unified solutions for internal services & applications hosting to R&D developers, such as Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and more generally Everything-as-a-Service (XaaS).
The Virtualization Infrastructure And Platform (VIP) team is responsible for providing reliable and scalable infrastructure to R&D developers all over the world while ensuring the flexibility required by the development activities.
The R&D infrastructure is spread over several data centres and composed of hundreds of servers, thousands of virtual machines (Linux/Windows) running on VMWare and using peta-bytes of storage.
In addition to the standard virtual infrastructure, thousands of instances are running on our private cloud (IaaS), based on Red Hat OpenStack and relying on Nuage Network solution as SDN layer and Red Hat CEPH as storage backend.
We operate both VMWare and OpenStack platforms thanks to Red Hat Cloud Management Platform CloudForms and configuration management tools such as Ansible and Puppet.
As OpenStack administrator, your main responsibilities will be:
– Design, deploy and support private cloud infrastructure
– Provide technological knowledge and participate in decision on technology related topics
– Define and evangelize cloud-related optimizations and best practices to improve reliability and performance
– Automate solutions for complex & repetitive problems in a cloud infrastructure
– Evaluate & deploy new features to the platform, as per the needs of the customers
– Manage transition from Pilot to Production environments
– Write and maintain technical documentation, for internal use and for clients.
– Provide visibility, traceability, accountability & metrics
Profil recherché :
Engineering degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related technical field
Relevant work experience
Successful experience in similar position (related to Cloud infrastructure and OpenStack)
– Expert in Linux administration
– Strong experience with large-scale, high availability server architectures
– Strong experience in virtualization technologies (KVM, VMWare, Xen, RHEV)
– Strong experience in network especially Software Defined Network
– Experience in storage especially Software Defined Storage
– Experience in configuration management tools (Ansible / Puppet)
– Strong scripting skills (Ruby, Python)
– Experience in infrastructure security
– Knowledge of source code repositories (Git)
– Knowledge of containerization technologies (Docker)
– Knowledge of continuous integration & continuous delivery/deployment (CI/CD) process